Useful properties of oils have long been known. Many arrange aromatherapy sessions using aroma lamp, add essential oils to face and body skin creams, masks and shampoos for hair, bath foam. In addition, the healing properties are and vegetable oils that are consumed inside, such as olive, sunflower. But pregnancy forces a woman to give up many pleasant things, since they can be unsafe for the child. Can I use oils during pregnancy?
Essential oils during pregnancy
Essential oils through the respiratory tract and skin integrate very quickly into the human body. Due to the impact on the olfactory brain( the higher nervous center of odor analysis), they have an effective therapeutic effect on many of the body's physical and mental functions. With proper application, essential oils act gently and have virtually no side effects. Some doctors do not recommend using essential oils during pregnancy. But most experts point out that the correct use of small doses of such oils can only benefit the future mothe
With the help of aromatherapy it is possible to relieve or completely get rid of many satellites of pregnancy. Thus, with morning sickness and vomiting, lavender, mint, lemon, eucalyptus, cardamom, ginger help well. You can make a mixture of 2-3 of these oils for the aroma, taking baths. Often a woman waiting for a child has insomnia, problems with sleeping. In this case, oil of patchouli, roses, sandalwood, bergamot, ylang-ylang can help. The headache removes the oil of lavender and spearmint. You can massage the whiskey mixture( 1 drop) of these oils. With heartburn, it is good to carry out aromatization of the room or massage the zone of the solar plexus with mint oil, mandarin, lemon. Oil during pregnancy can help a woman who has swollen legs or has developed varicose veins. In this case, apply compresses to the damaged areas, in the water for which add the oil of lavender, geranium, lemon, cypress and marigold. Essential oils can also be used during pregnancy in these conditions:
- Constipation. Do a soft, stroking stomach massage with eucalyptus oil, mandarin, orange, anise.
- Hemorrhoids. Apply sedentary baths, adding a few drops of lavender and lemon oil to the water.
- Elevated blood pressure. Spend the fragrance of the room with ylang-ylang oil, cardamom, lemon, lavender.
- Low blood pressure. Apply the aromatization of the air with cypress oil, grapefruit, verbena, orange.
- Pain in the lumbar region and back. Make compresses and rubbing with sandalwood oil, lavender, ginger( only mixed with base oil).
- Candidiasis of the vagina. Use tampons, local trays with bergamot oil, tea tree. It is advisable to consult a doctor before starting the procedure.
- Tenderness and irritability. You can apply for the bath, massage or aroma of the room the oil of lavender, roses, lemon, geranium, incense, sandalwood.
- Depressed state, depression, apathy. In the aroma lamp, ylang-ylang, geranium, sandalwood, rose, grapefruit, ginger, and orange are used.
- Prevention of viral infections. Spend the aroma of the room with cypress oil, eucalyptus, pine, ginger, bergamot, tea tree, lemon.
But some oils during pregnancy are absolutely contraindicated. These include: rosemary oil( can cause contractions, increase pressure), nutmeg oil( can cause hallucinations), sage oil and jasmine( provoke premature birth), basil oil( leads to cellular changes), juniperberry oil( adversely affectskidneys), sage oil( capable of causing uterine bleeding).
Prophylaxis of stretch marks with
oils Many women notice the appearance of skin stretch marks during pregnancy and after it. Avoid stretch marks or minimize their manifestation possible by increasing the elasticity and elasticity of the skin. And this will help some oils. Mixture of oils from stretch marks during pregnancy can be prepared from the following components:
- jojoba oil - the most effective tool that is used to prevent and eliminate stretch marks;
- Almond Oil - increases the elasticity of the skin;
- essential oil of rosewood - increases skin elasticity, promotes resorption of small scars;
- peach oil - has softening, regenerating properties, restores skin elasticity;
- grape seed oil - improves the elasticity and elasticity of the skin.
Usually jojoba oil is used as a base in which several drops of another oil are added from the list. During pregnancy, oils from stretch marks are usually used, making special massage of problem areas. It is best to do such a light massage every evening after taking a shower.
Is it possible to drink oil during pregnancy?
Vegetable oils contain many useful substances that are so necessary for a woman expecting a baby. Most often, expectant mothers are recommended to use olive, linseed and sea-buckthorn oil. Olive oil is used to prevent many diseases. It favorably influences the formation of the correct function of the brain and the healthy nervous system of the baby. A pregnant woman with olive oil will help to avoid constipation. If you drink flaxseed oil during pregnancy, the mother and fetus will be fully provided with polyunsaturated fatty acids. These substances are necessary for normal operation of the cardiovascular and nervous systems. Sea-buckthorn oil during pregnancy promotes an increase in the immunity of women and children. In addition, it prevents the development of constipation and hemorrhoids in a future mother.
Any oil during pregnancy you should drink 1-2 tablespoons once a day. It is best to do it in the morning on an empty stomach. If any unpleasant phenomena appear after taking oil, stop taking it and consult a doctor.